Sunday, March 7, 2010

Tour of Olney

As we enter our last few months here in Philly I've decided I need to document our "haunts" so the girls can see when they get older. I've decided in the next three months I'm going to do "tours" of different parts of the area that we've really enjoyed and have memories of. What better then to start with where we've lived the last 2 1/2 years, the neighborhood of Olney.


Lilli's favorite place, hands down!

A beautiful tree lined street. That's one thing I love about the east coast, it's very beautiful and green in the summer and has lots of gorgeous fall colors.

Part of the Korean business district just a few blocks from us.

Lilli loves going on walks!

Lowell Elementary school

I'm amazed how huge the elementary schools are out here, they are much bigger then anything I've seen in Utah.

One of the local churches, St. Pauls Lutheran.

Fisher Park, we've spent countless hours here, swinging and playing in the playground and playing tennis.

A tiny little hardware store right up the street. It's run by an older couple and they know EVERYTHING! It's so different from Home Depot!

Another view of the Korean business district.

St. Helena's catholic school.

I always liked the name of this street.

The "other side of the park" the houses are a little bit bigger and more expensive then on our side. Who would think being separated only by a park could make a difference?!

Yep, that's our street.

Row houses as far as you can see.....................

3 comments:

AmberLynn said...

Thanks for all the fun pictures! I love looking at pictures and what people are up to!

MaryAnn said...

Holy crap! Way to make Olney look good! haha. This is a good idea.

Jeanne Evans said...

To think I actually recognize alot of it too...from my one visit :)

Making a Chain

We've been trying to sell our house in Philadelphia off and on for the past 8 years. Well we finally got an offer last month! With a ...