But I want to be excited about everything in my life, cause it's awesome! So here's to 34 years (21 with 13 years of experience!!)
The big highlight of the day, besides about 1,000 wishes of Happy Birthday from my little Carmi, another 1,000 kisses from Jared..and just general excitement over the prospect of ice cream (it's my favorite!! Again from Carmi) would have to be THIS yes, I would have posted the one I made, but it's just not as pretty as Martha's amazing abilities. But I will tell you, it's doable for anyone! It does take some time, but it's well worth it. In fact it was so completely decadent and amazing I could only eat about two bites without feeling a little overwhelmed. (Yes, we cut a generous chunk and shared with some neighbors!)
Anyway, here are pictures of the day...
Jared is the most awesome kitchen helper I have! I think he knows he will be rewarded well and that's one of the many reasons he loves to help!
Lilli trying to be sneaky and get a taste of that homemade salted caramel...
Yes, it was SO good I had the strongest desire to just pour a glass and drink it. I suppose that's what happens when you combine vast proportions of sugar and butter...
Chocolate...its my favorite!!!
Gosh, she's just so adorable!
Eric surprised me with a home canning kit, I've been itching to learn for quite some time...I'm very excited to line the pantry shelves this summer!





1 comment:
I know! I feel rather old too! :D But the cooking looked fun and you know Jared could become like my friend whose all into cooking, hair cutting and etc. It must happen to guys who have lots of sisters. ;)
Post a Comment