Of course it only took a few hours for them to realize how awesome it was to have grandparents that were there to play with them!

We decided it was high time Lilli got a little trim. She has never had her hair cut ever, except for occasional trimming of her bangs. (and a haircut she gave herself, but that doesn't count right?!)

It was a little challenging, she didn't want to hold still...so we bribed her with ice cream!

Carmi was a great helper!

Yay! A haircut from Grandma!

Air mattresses are just so fun...

Trying on Grandma's shoes...

Lilli couldn't be left out!
On Tuesday I went to my doctors appointment and we decided to induce on Thursday morning if the baby hadn't come yet.
Thursday morning Eric and I arrived about 8 am. They started pitocin around 8:30, and I was still handling the contractions with just breathing an hour later. About 10 I decided I needed something, so I just had the stuff in the IV that takes an edge off and makes you all loopy.
I have to give Eric full credit for the last hour of my epidural free delivery. He was a fantastic coach and there is no way I could have done it without him! He let me nearly rip his fingers off his hands while calmly reminding me to breath.
Now this is where the story gets rather humorous. The doctor came in right before 12, then left. (He told me the next day he thought we would be there until 4). Not 10 minutes after he left I wanted to push, only it felt like a massive #2. So that's what I thought it was. I informed everyone there that I needed to well, you know!) I started pushing, they looked and informed me it was NOT a #2, but the baby! They hurriedly called the doctor back, and were racing around trying to get everything together while telling me not to push (completely impossible, I just couldn't stop myself) so as the doctor was pulling his gloves on the baby's head was coming out. Two pushes and there he was. (The doctor said later if we hadn't induced the baby would have definitely come on his own within 24 hours).

Jared Mitchell Turnidge. Born at 12:14 pm on Thursday May 12, 2011. 10 lbs 7.8 oz. 21 inches long.
Mitchell is actually a family name for me, and Eric didn't realize that when he suggested it. We just liked Jared.

Jared looks just like the Turnidge's. He's the spitting image of his Dad and his Grandpa Turnidge.

The girls found all sorts of interesting entertainment in my room!

Wet and gooey Carmi kisses.

Snuggles with Grandma Evans.

A whole lot of snuggles with Mom.

Kisses from Lilli...

And there it is...current family photo.
4 comments:
He is so adorable Caralee. Congrats again! I am so glad that your parents were able to be there for you guys! Oh and you rock! Way to go.
Congratulations! I am excited for you having a boy. iT is so fun having boys you will love it.
Love you guys. and good luck.
I commented on the wrong post. so there is one down below too! What an amazing family you have. Boys are sooooooooooo different...it will be great!
Congrats! You are superwoman! So happy for you guys!
Post a Comment