Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Chili Cook Off

It's been a typical, but still very entertaining week, never a dull moment with two children around!


I've been trying to put Carmen in the exersaucer without a lot of success. Lilli loved it at this age. Unfortunately Carmen hates it! She will last about ten minutes. Another testament to how different they are. Of course Lilli had practically half the weight to hold up. Carmen has her 4 month appointment next Monday when we will find out how much she weighs, I am guessing around 16 lbs. She is my little chubbers for sure! We love her tons though, even though my arms get really tired from holding her! She is such a happy little girl, constantly smiling and cooeing.



On Saturday Eric won our ward chili cook off. We tried 4 different recipes during the week to find the best one. Eric made the Pressure Cooker Chili (which is the one we took!) I made Chili Con Carne, Cincinnati Chili, and Black Bean Chili.

Lilli never fails to entertain me! One afternoon last week I sat and watched her go through my entire sheet music collection (not a small feat!) and do her version of singing! She would open the book, sing a few lines, then sit it in her lap and go on to the next one. She has gotten so good at putting things away after she plays with them. She is still picking her cheese off everything and riding her little trike as fast as she can through the house! She loves dance dance revolution and all you have to do is say the word and she gets out the pad and brings you the remote. She is also extremely good at turning the house upside down, as you can see! (I promise she totally made this whole mess!)

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

Gratitude Attitude: I am thankful for friends! I have so many that have made my life better, and made it lots of fun!

2 comments:

MaryAnn said...

Dang! I had hoped you would post the winning chili recipe. I guess I have been bumming a lot of recipes off you lately. :)

Peggy A.N. Evans said...

Congradulations Eric! I'll have to get the recipe, and then a pressure cooker. The only one I have is my huge canning one. That would be great for a crowd of thirty or so.

Making a Chain

We've been trying to sell our house in Philadelphia off and on for the past 8 years. Well we finally got an offer last month! With a ...