
I've been going to a group organ class taught by
a lady in our stake who is absolutely fantastic. It has
been a real experience for me, piano came really
easy for me so I expected organ to be the same
way! NOT. It is a great experience for me, and
very humbling. It's not necessarily "hard" it
just requires a different pattern of thinking, plus it's a
challenge to make it to the church and actually practice
when I can just sit down at my piano at home and play.
One thing I am sure of...I will be less likely to suffer
from any form of dementia when I'm older if I keep
this up, it's a fantastic brain workout!

Today is the 9th anniversary of the death of
an uncle I was particularly close to.
My uncle Allen passed away very
unexpectedly right at the end of my second year
of college. He suffered from Polycystic disease
of the kidneys and the last several years of his
life he battled constant pain, but we still didn't
expect him to die just weeks before he would have
turned 38.
One of my favorite memories of him was his
great sense of humor. He had lost a vast majority
of his teeth and so he had a denture on the bottom,
when he didn't have it in and started laughing it was
absolutely hilarious!

Lilli has had a lot of fun recently stacking
cans. We were very impressed with this
particular stack!
Oh and we are counting down from 10 now,
so that makes it the real thing right?
10 weeks (apprx) until little Carmen comes!!
1 comment:
You are smart about your house improvements. Good luck in playing the organ. When you guys move come here and then you can give our person a break that she needs (it is still sister
Hooten). I was at work when the lady I work with look at a picture of your grandparents and I said that was Allen's parents and she told the Elder's that she hadn't seen Allen for how long and that's when it hit me that he had been gone for nine years. And I miss him just as much today as then.
Post a Comment