Monday, April 27, 2009

Yum Yum


I just wanted to share this recipe, it is ohhh sooo good! We have used it on burritos, hamburgers, and of course on delicious tortilla chips...

Guacamole

Alton Brown


  • 3 Haas avocados, halved, seeded and peeled (We used two, it was fine)
  • 1 lime, juiced (about 1/4 a cup, we actually used lemon juice cause that's what we had)
  • 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
  • 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
  • 1/2 medium onion, diced
  • 2 Roma tomatoes, seeded and diced (didn't have any, so we left it out)
  • 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro (didn't have, you wouldn't believe how hard it is to find this stuff here, so sad. Luckily we found some seeds so later in the summer we will have some!)
  • 1 clove garlic, minced

Directions

In a large bowl place the scooped avocado pulp and lime juice, toss to coat. Drain, and reserve the lime juice, after all of the avocados have been coated. Using a potato masher add the salt, cumin, and cayenne and mash. Then, fold in the onions, tomatoes, cilantro, and garlic. Add 1 tablespoon of the reserved lime juice. Let sit at room temperature for 1 hour and then serve.

3 comments:

teresa said...

This looks marvelous!

Jeanne Evans said...

When I'm rich and can actually buy decent food again I'll make that recipe.

Cassy said...

It sounds great! It doesn't even have any really weird ingredients. I like to make cassadeas with avocados and tomatoes grilled with the cheese. And then I put a little sour cream on top. MMMM.

Making a Chain

We've been trying to sell our house in Philadelphia off and on for the past 8 years. Well we finally got an offer last month! With a ...