Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Gardening

This past weekend Eric and I put our obtained knowledge of square foot gardening into action! Gardening is lots of fun, but lots of work too. (Of course Eric did most of it!) but it is a job in itself to keep a little toddler out of all the fun rocks, dirt, and of course plants! We did tomatoes, peppers, eggplant, broccoli..just to name a few. We also got flowers to plant in the front and back of the garden. Our yard got the makeover it deserved and hopefully we will benefit highly from our efforts!


















Rocks anyone? The previous owner didn't put in a barrier
so the rocks got all ground in. We pulled out a few, but
didn't have the energy to get them all!


















Eric loves any chance to pull out tools and use them!

















We used old phone book pages on the bottom of the beds to
help keep the bugs and weeds under control.



















Lilli just loved the opportunity to be outside!


















I just love the river rock Eric picked out!



















Check out that tomato and the broccoli plants!


















And the finished product, well mostly. Still a couple more
things to do!

6 comments:

MaryAnn said...

This is so cool! I never heard of using phone books to keep the garden healthy. Good to know and very resourceful! Can't wait to see it in real life. :)

nathalia said...

Good job you guys! You're so inspiring!

Jeanne Evans said...

You planted egg plant? I don't think I've ever really heard of that...that's cool though!!

Jeanne Evans said...

Well, I know what egg plant is...but I guess that I've never thought of planting it.

Lewaina@cliffsideranch said...

How fun it will be to go out and pick some veggies from your own garden! I enjoyed seeing your yard! I'll bet passers by will be amazed and a little desirous when they walk by your home! How nice it looks now, how coolie it will look all big and ripe! I can't believe you are planting a garden this soon! Are you that much warmer than here in cold Utah?♥

jor said...

I'm so jealous of the yard and gardens!! you guys are awesome!

Making a Chain

We've been trying to sell our house in Philadelphia off and on for the past 8 years. Well we finally got an offer last month! With a ...