Sunday, April 30, 2017

Oil..Forbidden Roads...and Stuffs

So we took a trip to my own hometown to spend Easter with my parents. It was an excellent trip (Except for Jared sitting on a cactus at the cemetery where we went to roll easter eggs..ouch). It had been a long time since we were able to have my parents all to ourselves and not have to share with other siblings (as much as I do love seeing them too!)
So when I was growing up we were very familiar with every road on the area, except for this one road. I can't remember the details but we were told just not to go down there. Apparently a family lived there that was....interesting.  Well an oil rig was installed right off the highway on this road so we decided to stop and take a picture...Eric turned and passed the rig and kept going, I told him this was a "forbidden road." That got him pretty excited. I guess no one lives there anymore because there were a bunch of abandoned trailers and even more "don't bother us" signs posted everywhere. It gave me the creeps.
The oil rig....huge...so huge. I had never seen one this close before. I was amazed.

The neighbors dog...one of them. The kids were in love.
The week before our trip...Carmen was beyond excited. If you can't tell what this says "I can't wait to get to Grandma's house"


Carmen wore her robe and read the entire 8 hour drive...well mostly. I think she took a nap too.
Lilli mainly dug through her goody bucket for all the chocolate.
A fair amount of snow in Wyoming still.
And a quick shot of Sinclair, WY


No comments:

Making a Chain

We've been trying to sell our house in Philadelphia off and on for the past 8 years. Well we finally got an offer last month! With a ...