Three kids in school...it's been a few quiet four months for the most part. Nadia no longer has anyone to entertain her, so she has started taking afternoon naps again! Yay!!
The first day of school was...a little rough.
Being at a new school where there are four...wait...five ways to leave the building instead of two at our old school got this Mom pretty confused. My plan was to get Jared first, then walk around and find the girls.
Well I stood and waited at the door I thought Jared was coming out...he didn't come, and then the bell rang and there were crazy amounts of kids and parents. Luckily Lilli and Carmi managed to find me and I asked a passing teacher if the Kindergarten kids were all out and she found someone that confirmed that they had. I then asked where the kindergarten came out, I was directed right around the corner from where I had been standing (and feeling like an idiot). So there was Jared, sitting with all three K teachers. They were very understanding!
Day two was much better, we still had a few challenges finding each other. But we got it figured out and things have been smooth as silk ever since.
Lilli wanted to sew a new skirt for the occasion. She did awesome (with my help of course!) We made the skirt out of fat quarters (SO FUN!!). So she sewed about five of the pieces together, then I did the waistband and hem. We sewed a little turtle on the bottom. Cute.
The kids were SO excited they were up at 6:00 dragging me out of bed. To bad that doesn't last more then the first four days...granted I don't like getting up at 6. But within a few weeks I was dragging each kid out of bed at 6:50, and even dressing Jared while he slept.
Bribery really does come in handy..hot chocolate did the trick for the girls. The rule is they must be up and dressed sitting at the table by 6:50 to get it. It hasn't worked so well for Jared...I still dress him in his sleep sometimes. Oh well.
Carmi (2nd grade) and Mrs. Hankins
Jared (Kindergarten)and Mrs. Adams. This woman has won so many brownie point! Jared has been SO hard on her! The first two or three months he was done with the day by 10 am and gave her the evil eye the rest of the day. She has been amazing! He is doing much better now. When I went to parent teacher conference on October she told me about his challenges participating. Apparently he refused to sing in music and was currently getting a 0. In P.E. he would fall on the ground and not get up and would lay on the ground for extended amounts of time. That was until a group of friends in his class decided he needed help, so they would pull him up when he fell and keep him going. (This makes for a happy Mom for sure!)
Lilli and Mrs. Blanco.
It was hard switching to a new school, we loved our old school. But this new one has been good and the kids are happy there.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Making a Chain
We've been trying to sell our house in Philadelphia off and on for the past 8 years. Well we finally got an offer last month! With a ...
-
I had been worrying for awhile that I wouldn't recognize the contractions when they came, just because all I had experienced before was ...
-
One downer we have discovered to living in an old house is that mice have plenty of places to hide, so they wreak havoc and then disappear a...
-
Well now that my ever growing belly is getting increasingly more challenging to hide I figured I should make an announcement of some kind. ...
No comments:
Post a Comment