Alright...so this has nothing to do with Christmas festivities but I had to share...
Lillian is in a 4-H sewing club (Sigh of nostalgia...I loved 4-H as a young girl and teenager). Anyway this was her first project. Each member of her club got to put together a quilt block and they were all going together for a quilt for a good cause. Yeah, it's pretty awesome. Lilli has a really impressive sense of what matches. She is my only child that I don't have to send back to change either shirt or pants because they don't quite work!
Of course if chicken fabric is available she will pick it!
Her leader (who happens to be in our ward primary presidency and happens to be a friend of mine). Invited me to make one, so I jumped at the chance. Of course since Lilli has a better fashion sense then I do she ended up designing most of it!
So we made gingerbread houses...and sugar cookies...almond bark...sugar cookie truffles (delicious!!)and about 18 loaves of banana bread for Christmas gifts for Eric's co-workers and a few other friends...I was actually pretty worn out by 8 pm on Christmas Eve...which is when we were finally ready to make gingerbread houses. It got a bit crazy.
I guess Jared was pretending to be asleep...
Carmen getting started...
Lilli made a two story house (with a secret spot inside to hide candy!
The finished product for Lilli...
And that's when things got weird...
Here is how the conversation went:
Lilli: Carmen, what is that pile of marshmallows for
Carmen: Oh, those are the elves that died
Me: Brave attempt to hide a snicker...very unsuccessful
Meanwhile, Jared is using red sprinkles on his "garage" saying that the roof is a graveyard...covered with blood.
The rest of the time spent on this project was Carmen and Jared creating graveyards next to their "houses"
Oh and Carmi put so much stuff on her roof that it collapsed. But it looked a lot like a wagon because of the marshmallow arrangements on the sides that looked like wheels. She was happy with that.
Oh and I laughed so hard I cried.
My children really do have an obsession with Halloween...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Making a Chain
We've been trying to sell our house in Philadelphia off and on for the past 8 years. Well we finally got an offer last month! With a ...
-
I had been worrying for awhile that I wouldn't recognize the contractions when they came, just because all I had experienced before was ...
-
One downer we have discovered to living in an old house is that mice have plenty of places to hide, so they wreak havoc and then disappear a...
-
Well now that my ever growing belly is getting increasingly more challenging to hide I figured I should make an announcement of some kind. ...
1 comment:
Love the chicken fabric and the quilt blocks! Thanks for sharing the gingerbread house fun.
Post a Comment