Friday, November 4, 2011

Fort Steilacoom and Halloween...sorta

We found the greatest.park.ever!!!! It's like a little fort you would imagine back in the day when the settlers had to protect themselves from roaming bands of "native Americans" (Lets be politically correct shall we...)

It has swings for Jared
Lots of walkways. Lilli found a bunch of little playmates and they ran around playing tag. (It was a very busy park, even though the sun was going down on this particular visit and it was a little on the chilly side)
Carmen had fallen asleep on the drive there so we let her sleep while I was feeding Jared. She was still pretty out of it, and a little cold too. We had her in crocs, without socks, it had been really warm during the day, but I hadn't expected it to drop down into the 50's in a matter of minutes.
yaaawwwnnnnnnnnnnnnn
Anyways...

On a completely different subject, I had to mention how much Jared loves my bed! The girls liked it as much as the next person, but Jared LOVES it! He sleeps much longer and will sit on it while I'm getting ready in the morning looking all happy. I can get him to sleep in longer on those mornings that he's up at 6:30 or sooner if I take him back to bed with me..and if he doesn't go back to sleep he just sits there and "talks" for an hour.
Halloween...well this is how it went down. Our dear first born refused to eat her dinner, thus losing the privilege of going to the trunk or treat, so Eric and Carmen went. Jared, Lilli and I turned off all the lights (cause we weren't prepared for trick or treaters) and listened to such Halloween fun as "thriller" and "the monster mash."(While I surfed facebook of course!)
I did make an apple pie (several days later) and used a bat cookie cutter to make it all spooky..yum! Next year I'll be more into it...maybe.

No comments:

Making a Chain

We've been trying to sell our house in Philadelphia off and on for the past 8 years. Well we finally got an offer last month! With a ...