Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Last Day of School...

 Carmen was the 2nd grade student of the month for May. Her teacher whispered to me about a week in advance(it was a surprise) that I could come to morning meeting on the last day of school to see her get the award. It was pretty awesome. I am really proud of all our school kids and the effort they put into their work. Carmen definitely goes above and beyond. She has always put forth a little more effort then was required. She is reading at a year above her grade level, and always does her homework.
Lilli also received an award for not missing a day of school all year! In the last four years of school there has only been one year that Lilli missed school (she got sick on her birthday in 1st grade).

I was also super impressed at the Morning Meeting. So all the kids come in, they say the pledge and sing The Star Spangled Banner. Then our principal stands up on a step stool (She's not very tall and Lilli told me there were short kids in the back!) They draw out a bunch of names for students that were nominated for doing a nice/helpful thing. This school has an awesome campaign to encourage the kids to be nice and helpful. I've been really impressed with some of the older kids in the school and how nice they were to Jared. What a great school! Then they end morning meeting with a song about teamwork.
I stopped by Jared's class and got a picture of Jared and Mrs. B, the class para. Both she and Mrs. Adams have been great for Jared this past school year. He finally told me that he liked school...of course I don't know if this is because of all the playing they did the last week or so of school...popsicles, a trip to the zoo, a sprinkler party, sidewalk chalk party, and a pizza party would definitely help any kid that doesn't like sitting and doing work!

No comments:

Making a Chain

We've been trying to sell our house in Philadelphia off and on for the past 8 years. Well we finally got an offer last month! With a ...