Friday, November 22, 2013

Pumpkin Stuffs

So awhile back we had a little work shindig. We got together with all the local dentists from the company and their families. It was pretty fun. Definitely a highlight for the kids!

Lilli and Carmi enjoyed a pony ride. It took a little convincing for Lilli, but once she was on she loved it.




The mechanical bull was definitely a hit. Carmi took four or five very short rides. She definitely wasn't into the 8 seconds deal!


A little go cart racing...

I got a great workout pushing Jared around the track!

What can be better for a little boy then a wagon full of corn and dump trucks/tractors?!


  The ultimate winner of the evening was the zip line. All the kids there LOVED it! We were a little nervous about Carmi riding, since she is so little (and was letting go of the mechanical bull) but eventually we let her try and she did awesome!




We took the kids to a pumpkin patch up north right before Halloween. They had a great time in the corn maze, looking at all the pumpkins, holding baby kittens, and playing on a big pile of hay with a bunch of other kids.









The big pile of hay. There was a lot of jumping going on!






So we had the pumpkins all ready to carve and I told Eric I would do it. Well the next day when Eric got home from work I hadn't started yet, so he carved Lilli's. I promised to do the next two during the following day, and once again Eric got home and I hadn't done it. So he did Carmi's. And then again the next day I still hadn't done Jared's. So Eric did. He did a great job though! I could not have done anything this good!





I have had a lot of fun experimenting with the freezer full of persimmon pulp that we have from the tree in the backyard. (Persimmon recipies are not exactly easy to find...)
This one was a vanilla cream pie, but I substituted persimmon so I guess it was a "persimmon pudding pie" I was so proud of how good the meringue turned out that I had to take a picture!
We also made a pumpkin pie, but substituted persimmon, as well as one that was half and half. My next experiment will be persimmon ice cream.

No comments:

Making a Chain

We've been trying to sell our house in Philadelphia off and on for the past 8 years. Well we finally got an offer last month! With a ...