And she came, and it was CRAZY!! Originally I was scheduled to be induced on March 13th (she was due the 11th), Eric worked his schedule around for that and then I went in and the doctor had decided to change it to the 14th. (Which would have made it impossible for Eric to be there) So between that, and just this general ill feeling about the whole situation I finally decided that being induced before she was a week overdue was way to soon. So on the 13th I went in for an ultrasound to make sure she was okay and they agreed to wait until the 19th to induce. We knew she was going to be big, my doctor just didn't want me trying to push out a 12 lb baby!
Well our little Nadia had plans of her own. After messing around with everyone's schedules I woke up at 4 in the morning on March 14th with contractions, by 7 am I knew she was coming that day. Eric went to work and told me to call if I needed to. But pretty early on I had decided not to bother him, he had a full day with over 30 patients to see. I spent the better part of the morning just sitting to slow down the contractions in the hopes I could keep her in for a few more days (haha!!) Around 4 pm I thought it might be a good idea to call Eric but I still didn't want to bother him, plus I didn't want to go in until I had to. There is something about sitting down hooked up to all the monitors that just make things much more difficult, plus with my low platelets I wasn't allowed to have an epidural anyway. (Not that I was terribly upset, I didn't have one with Jared and thought it was better without one).
So I made pancakes for the kids, and attempted to make a pasta salad, I actually got everything done except the dressing! (by then they were about 10 minutes apart). Eric finally called around 6 pm and got after me for not calling him. He got home about 7:30, walked the kids over to our neighbors and off we went.
By the time we got there a little after 8 pm I was almost at a 7, and about an hour later she was born. March 14, 2013. 9:20 PM. 11 lbs 2.4 oz. 20 1/2 inches long.
Our chunky little girl!
Not the most flattering picture of me, but hey I get brownie points for having such a big baby right?!
Carmi loves babies and kept asking if Nadia got to come home with us.
Lilli says all the time how cute Nadia is. Poor Jared took several days to get out of his state of confusion about everything going on.
The kids had a great time being pushed around in the recliner!
The first thing Carmi did when we got home Saturday night was make a bed on the floor for Nadia!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Making a Chain
We've been trying to sell our house in Philadelphia off and on for the past 8 years. Well we finally got an offer last month! With a ...
-
I had been worrying for awhile that I wouldn't recognize the contractions when they came, just because all I had experienced before was ...
-
One downer we have discovered to living in an old house is that mice have plenty of places to hide, so they wreak havoc and then disappear a...
-
Well now that my ever growing belly is getting increasingly more challenging to hide I figured I should make an announcement of some kind. ...
4 comments:
Big and beautiful, great job Momma Caralee, glad all is well and everyone is home.
Carmi is going to have fun being the mommy!! :D
Congrats, Caralee!!! And the entire Turnidge family! Seriously... you're so tough, Caralee! And baby Nadia is beautiful. I love the different reactions of all your kids. Hugs! Enjoy this new adventure! Wishing you as much sleep as can possibly come with a newborn!
oh.. Carli, Congrats she is so precious. Nice work on making such a big healthy looking baby. Hope you are hanging in there. You've got 4 kids to watch now... wow that would be overwhelming for me right now. You're my inspiration.
Post a Comment