Thursday, August 26, 2010

A Tour of Temple Dental

On Saturday we went and picked up Eric's cart and everything out of his locker, it was a good time to snap a few pictures...

That's right..homeless industrious boys!

A great place to live, just a dash across the street to school in the morning..that is if you don't mind getting mugged in the process!!

Haha, I just had to have a picture of Carmen and I with the sign...

Why should we cover it up? There's no one here to impress! (Just a few 1st and 2nd year dental students)


The third floor of the dental school is well known for random things shoved in random corners, like these ancient unused lockers by the Ladies room!

One of the lecture halls where labs were held.

Employment Opportunities anyone?(Too bad it was probably taken years ago!)

Lots and lots of exposed pipes...

Gotta love the floor (once again, on the third floor) as you progress down it gets nicer, mainly because that's what the patients see (and the Dean!)

They sure do have a kickin' student lounge (but this didn't get fixed up until last year, before that it was a super ancient old room with orange furniture) now it has a nice big screen tv and comfy leather couches.


Technically the dental school is located at Allegheny and Broad, I just took this picture a little further up...

Lots of abandoned buildings/factories in this part of town...


And lots of worn out houses...


This is the cart Eric used in the clinic, the remains of about $15,000 worth of supplies (for the initial kits, not counting any extra supplies he had to get)...yeah, no wonder we had to take out so many loans...

5 comments:

Debbie said...

Now that was fun to see. I'm glad you got pictures of the pipes, floor, unused lockers, and all the other stuff that made Temple temple. What a crazy 4 years!

Debbie said...

Now that was fun to see. I'm glad you got pictures of the pipes, floor, unused lockers, and all the other stuff that made Temple temple. What a crazy 4 years!

Lex-a-roo said...

Wow, I thought my school was rough but not in comparison. I know what you mean about the student loans they are horrible.

Laird Evans said...

Fun to see where Eric studied and worked for so many years.
Congrats, Dr. Eric, on the diploma. Good luck in Reading, let us know when and where you move.

Peggy A.N. Evans said...

That was an interesting tour since we never saw the inside of the school while we were there. But if I had to choose I think I'd take Constitution Square or Valley Forge!

Making a Chain

We've been trying to sell our house in Philadelphia off and on for the past 8 years. Well we finally got an offer last month! With a ...