Friday, June 25, 2010

Tour of Chestnut Hill and Abington, PA

A few months ago I started doing little tours of the area so we have pictures for the girls when they're older. (And of course for us as well!) Back then we thought we would be gone by now, but I can't complain cause I got a little more time to get it all done!



We have taken countless walks up and down the section of Germantown Avenue that is known as Chestnut Hill.

The cobblestone streets look super nice and I love that the majority of businesses are in houses.


This is where Lilli was born. Technically our only child born in Philadelphia. (Since Carmi was born in the suburbs) .

We sure spent a lot of time here coming and going from the NICU. Lilli was there for the first week of her life. (Up on that top floor)


Chestnut Hill is a very wealthy area with plenty of million dollar plus homes.

Not a rare sighting!

Our first summer here in 2007 when Eric had his two month break I was working so he took a lot of walks and this is one of the things he stumbled onto.

Check out the grass courts!

Another beautiful home.

A "not to rich" part of town...those rowhouses seem to sneak in all over!

A lush, green park...ahhh

And last of all....


Chestnut Hill closed their maternity department in 2008 so Carmen was born in Abington, PA.


It was about a twenty minute drive north of where we lived, up in Montgomery County.

It was HUGE! But I had a good experience there.

2 comments:

Jess said...

So beautiful! What cute girls you have. What an amazing experience to be back east! Rob & I have stayed in Utah. We love it, but it'd be adventurous to experience somewhere else!
Love your blog :)

Peggy A.N. Evans said...

I love your tours!

Making a Chain

We've been trying to sell our house in Philadelphia off and on for the past 8 years. Well we finally got an offer last month! With a ...