Wednesday, December 30, 2009

History Past and Present

Time sure flies when you're having fun! Between the holidays, company, and a malfunctioning video card it's high time I started blogging again...We thought we would have to wait until the loans came in to buy a new video card for the computer, luckily I have a brilliant husband who went through an old computer and pulled out the video card and put it in this computer!

The past couple of weeks looked something like this (in no specific order):


Aunt Holly came to visit from Spokane! We had a lot of fun showing her around, including a trip to Valley Forge.


It started snowing on a saturday sometime in the early morning... (Lucky for us Holly arrive on Friday, all flights were cancelled the next day)



It didn't stop all day...Holly, Lilli and I ventured out and did our grocery shopping anyway... Lilli was so excited to see the Snow, until wading through it to get into Target, she kept saying "no" (snow) while shivering and bundling up in her coat, hat, and gloves.

Nothing like a White Christmas! It's the first one we've had in the three Christmas's we've spent here!

Shoveling out was no easy task...

Two feet later...church was cancelled except for Sacrament meeting for those able to get out of their driveways! It was a record breaking snowstorm, only the second time in the recorded history of Philadelphia for a storm this size!


I tried to measure, but wasn't able to get an accurate reading because I didn't want to wade through the huge drift to get to the trash can!

Carmi is growing in leaps and bounds, she has been working on sitting up by herself.


Lilli made her own bed!!

We had a very enjoyable Christmas, we decided to try something different for dinner so Eric made duck with oyster stuffing. It was really good, and I'm really not a seafood fan. We also had cheesecake, and various treats throughout the day.We continued a Turnidge family tradition with Cinnamon rolls for breakfast, I added some wassail for the tradition in our family! Eric was excited to get some Good Eats with Alton Brown DVD's, and I got some Church History DVD's. We also got a new waffle iron, and have enjoyed waffles multiple times the past few days.


Lilli loves her new Christmas dress, it's definately her most favorite gift, she would wear it everyday if she could!

Carmen likes falling asleep to her little glow worm, she smiles at it while it's singing.
I made the girls new quilts, but haven't quite finished them yet, they still need tied. I plan on doing that on New Years day in the front of a football game!

We made delicious sugar cookies in the shapes of trees and stars.

Mmm, so good!


Lilli had a blast helping cut out the cookies.

6 comments:

MnM said...

Looks like you had a very fun few weeks. Wow, that is a lot of snow. Lilli looks so darn cute in her Christmas dress. Love to all of you.

Linda Nelson said...

hay i think you can comment on our blog know and have a nice new years
Karrie Nelson

Jack and Daynalee said...

You guys got SO much snow! Looks like you guys are having so much fun! Love you friend!

Jeanne Evans said...

I didn't realize it was that much...looks like a Utah snow storm.

Kim said...

What a fin Christmas. I love that Carmen's nickname is Carmi. So cute!.

Cassy said...

It's hard to believe what big girls you have. Kaylyn isn't quite sitting up yet, but she os close and she is crawling.

Making a Chain

We've been trying to sell our house in Philadelphia off and on for the past 8 years. Well we finally got an offer last month! With a ...