Friday, October 9, 2015

Eternal Families!

We were able to take a trip to Utah for a visit with my family. What a wonderful time we had. The kids were troopers in the super long drive.
Usually we take I-70 all the way but this year we decided to go through Nebraska and Wyoming, then come down through Flaming Gorge. (Unfortunately this trip I was so busy visiting I never even got the camera out of the car). But great times were had by all. The kids loved every minute spent with cousins. A lot of dirt was played in, (you should have seen the bath water!)  Apparently Grandma and Grandpa's yard is also full of buried treasure!)." Jared absolutely loved playing with lots of boy cousins. And I got to enjoy one of my best titles, Aunt Caralee! There were three babies to snuggle, and I loved it!
Here's the newest granddaughter, #12 grandchild.
Here is our #11


 And #10
Aren't they darling?!

We also had family pictures taken. Here are a few:






Just a few shots from all our driving....
Nadia had a lot of fun with her dolly, Anna, and Elsa.
Jared had all his special blankies of course, that always puts a smile on his face!
Some fun navigating by Lilli and Carmi.

Apparently we had fairies riding in the back....

A gorgeous sunset in Wyoming.
I snapped a quick picture of flaming gorge dam as we drove by.

I have to share this hilarious story. So it had gotten dark and we were driving down the switchbacks of flaming gorge. Carmi had to use the bathroom so we found a spot to pull off. She asked "what is  this place for." And Eric and I replied that it wasn't really used for anything, mainly people just drove through going to other places. She replied "its a place to pee."


And best of all, we were able to do temple work for Nelson. What an amazing experience that was. The Spirit was incredible and all I felt was the love of our Father in Heaven and Jesus Christ. I was so happy we could help Nelson continue his eternal progression!
The deepest questions of our existence are answered in the temple. These answers tell us where we came from, why we are here, where we may go, and how we may cope with the matter of death. This life makes no logical sense unless we think in terms of the eternities. The transcendent blessings of life and eternity are received within the sacred walls of the temple. The Savior’s supernal gift to mankind gave us the opportunity for eternal life, but eternal life without our loved ones would be bleak.
A basic eternal truth of this Church is that families may, if they are worthy, have an eternal relationship; for us it would not be heaven without our parents, our grandparents, our eternal companions, our children, and our posterity. This union of families comes through the sealing power exercised within the hallowed walls of the temples under authorized priesthood authority.
--President James E Faust (Eternity Lies Before Us, Ensign, May 1997)
And on our drive home we saw a rainbow!

No comments:

Making a Chain

We've been trying to sell our house in Philadelphia off and on for the past 8 years. Well we finally got an offer last month! With a ...