Cute isn't she? It's always interesting to see how your kids personalities grow as they get bigger. Nadia is the splitting image of Carmi, but her personality is the splitting image of Lilli at this age. Very busy. Very naughty. But really cute so I always forgive her for the days I follow her around cleaning up her disasters!
A little Minnie action there.
Carmi wore this dress to my sister Marianne's wedding in August 2012. And now it fits Nadia (who was 7 months away from being born at that particular wedding) crazy huh?
I finally braved it one day and faced the tornado that was Jared and Nadia's room for about a month. In the midst of cleaning Nadia found this backpack and fell in love with it. She filled it with stuff, had me help her put it on. Then went to the door all ready for school.
Yeah, it was so cute. To bad she has 3 1/2 years until she can go!
I love these kind of pictures!
Jared made a tower from his tools.I guess he really has found his manly side, despite being surrounded by pink loving girls and My Little Pony! hehe.
Yes, it was an act of desperation about ten minutes before the bus was supposed to come. Lilli hasn't quite figured out the art of sharing an umbrella so we got Carmi a poncho back in January. Well the poncho sorta fell onto a glue trap (story with that too!) and I didn't discover it until this morning. So I grabbed Nadia's raincoat and tried it on Carmi. It actually fit despite being very short in the sleeves. But it kept her mostly dry so it was okay right?!
As for the glue trap, that's a story too.
We had a mouse. Emphasis on had, because for a long time (about three months) it was have. The little bugger could lick peanut butter of a snap trap without setting it off. It was horribly frustrating. We even tried surrounding the snap trap with glue traps to no avail. It managed to get through those too. I used to be a pretty great expert at catching mice with or without traps, because we had tons of them in our ancient house in Philly. Well I guess it had been a few years because when I saw the mouse all I could do was scream.
Well we finally caught it. And I think it had been on there for several hours because it had chewed away an impressive amount of the glue trap in an attempt to escape. Honestly if we hadn't seen it another 30 minutes it probably would have gotten away.
So I put it in the garbage.
This morning I went to cram a few final things into the trash before it got picked up. I lifted the lid and what to my surprise, there was that mouse! It had managed to escape and was in a little mouse paradise for about three days. Too bad he probably got crunched up in the garbage truck, otherwise he would have LOVED the landfill. Hehe









1 comment:
Great updates! And I cannot believe how grown up Lily is!!! Out of control! And we also love our thrift store pony. Totally a winner with the kids.
Post a Comment